6/24/2016

Shine bright like a diamond.

Yip, this is a blog entry about a beauty product. Buckle up your seatbelts - you are in for a ride! 

A few months back I read an article about the miracle that is the Korean sheet face mask. Apparently young South Korean women are obsessed with these masks, that give you an almost Beyoncé-like glow. The basic idea is: You put one of these sheet masks on your face every two days, leave them on for 20 minutes, go to bed and look flawless the next morning. I was highly skeptical.

(sorry for the crappy pictures, I really need a new camera!)

I ordered myself a bunch of masks from Innisfree, which is a brand that focuses on all natural ingredients. More often than not, products from Asia are full of chemicals and other shit you want nowhere near your face. And also - and this pisses me off in oh so many ways - they bleach your skin slightly. Because having white, "European" skin is considered beautiful in many parts of Asia. I didn't want any of that shit, so I opted for the natural version.



Here you go - me at my most Hannibal Lecter. The masks smell insanely delicious and are nice and cool on your skin. You put them on your freshly washed face in the evening and then go to bed. After 15-20 minutes you take them off, massage the rest of moisture into your face and then go to sleep. 



This is me right after the mask. I might have to add, that as a redhead with insanely dry, irritated and problematic skin, looking this "normal" without any make-up is not something that happens! Usually I look like a blotchy baked potato without make-up! All red and shiny and greasy. After one of the wonder masks though - purrrrrfection!



And here I am the next morning. I wear basically no make-up anymore (apart from mascara and a bit of BB-cream and compact powder). I don't have to put on green make-up base to mask my red, irritated skin. People tell me that I am glowing. A handsome young man recently said I had skin like in a make-up commercial (yeah, he was trying to get into my pants - BUT STILL!)

The masks come in 15 different versions, depending on your skin type and needs. They are very cheap (max. 1 Euro per piece) and if you look hard and long enough on Ebay, you might get them even cheaper! I just ordered 150 for 40 Cents a piece...

I know I am prone to get overly excited about shit - BUT THESE MASKS ARE THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO HUMAN SKIN SO BUY THEM NOW AND THANK ME LATER. K THX BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment