12/08/2015

Tuesday in Prague


After a lovely Monday (during which I somehow didn't take any pictures), Tuesday rolled around. My host Tereza had to work, so I was left to discover the city all by myself. I put on some lipstick to honour the occasion.



The city looked grey and foggy today, so instead of walking I took one of the teeeny-tiny trams into town center.


It is ridiculous how much prettier than German trams they are. <3



I started my day with breakfast at Café Louvre, which is a place right out of an Audrey Hepburn movie. Fluffy mini pancakes with strawberry sauce. Honestly, I could move here for the fucking food alone!


I met a guy from San Diego, who was sitting at the table next to me, and he gave me a drawing he did of me (insert a mental image of my very confused face here...). I'm pretty sure I have never looked like that in my entire life, but it was nice nonetheless (and yeah, a bit creepy, too...).


Afterwards I went back into the maze of cobblestone streets.


I went here and bought myself some Czech shoes.



Then I thought some culture might be in order, so - considering my Jewish ancestry - I went to the Jewish quarter of town. Very beautiful, but they charge you for everything, down to the old Jewish cemetery, so I didn't really see much.


Afterwards I walked along the river for a while and enjoyed the panorama view.


Around midday, I met my friend Tereza for lunch at her job. She works for one of the biggest beer companies in Czech.


I had fried cheese with a side of fries and mayonnaise. Because apparently this is a national dish. I have no idea how they are not all morbidly obese and dying of scurvy here...


Here's me, very excited. Beer for lunch makes that happen.



When I had (halfway) finished my lunch, I waved goodbye to Tereza and walked to Charles Bridge, which is probably the most typical spot in Prague. I may have cried a tiny bit, because it was so pretty. The pictures really don't do it justice!


And when my feet were finally too tired to go any further, I took the tram home.


Highlight of the day - by the way: They sell absurd penis-shaped cakes around here. Which are filled with cream! I mean... I was FaceTiming with my roomie on the computer and she had to avert her eyes when I tried to eat it. How anybody could eat one of these in public is an absolute mystery to me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. People who are really concerned about their next trip may take help from the detailed road map, as if you are planning to visit Spain then you must have Spain Road Map so that you can find your way with ease.

    ReplyDelete