3/06/2015

Life should be more like hockey. When someone pisses you off, you just beat the shit out of them and then sit in a penalty box for 5 minutes.


As you know I work for a local radio station, which is fun most of the times (as some might remember, I wasn't a big fan of the "getting up at 5 am" thing...). Last month, my boss remembered that I am into hockey and asked me whether I wanted to be the new person in charge for the entire coverage of our local ice hockey team.


I said yes. And then I frantically started learning names of the players, and the numbers on their jerseys and also hockey rules and I ordered a book on Wayne Gretzky on Amazon (alright, so the last one wasn't strictly necessary, but still...).


So now I get to stand in a freezing ice stadium every weekend and watch grown men beat a tiny puck (and sometimes each other) around with sticks. Which is surprisingly awesome. Last time I actually got so excited, I yelled at the referee and sloshed around my beer for a bit. (I was properly ashamed afterwards...)


(Working so late that nobody but you and your camera lady are in the office, has its perks. Most are alcohol related..)

And the first time I had to interview one of the players after the game I almost shat my pants and then drank two beers in rapid succession whilst giggling hysterically. By now - I'm glad to report - I'm much more cool about the whole thing. I also get to write a blog about the hockey guys for work, so that's why I have been blogging so little here the past few weeks. Sorry about that...

But it's a bit weird honestly: I had this thing for skijumping for a while, now I'm really into hockey. Winter sports seem to be my thing, even though I hate sports and I hate winter! What the hell is wrong with me?

1 comment:

  1. So currently the million-dollar stream nfl games question is, "how does one place a reproducible system in situ for you and your team?" Well let's begin with the offline techniques. Hopefully you have picked out a robust sponsor United Nations agency will guide you in sound into your warm-market the proper manner.

    ReplyDelete