9/29/2014

First in a series of love letters to John Oliver


There's something about snarky, super-cynical men that I like. No idea where that comes from (and I'm also pretty sure it's not exactly healthy...) but it is one of my most serious turn-ons when it comes to guys. Mind you, it needs to be combined with above average intelligence, but when those things come together, I'm basically good to go!

So it's no surprise I am massively in love with the genius that is John Oliver. Loved him in Community, loved him as Jon Stewarts sidekick on The Daily Show and now I love him as the host of his own late night show Last Week Tonight.

Best thing about that show: The moment when Oliver goes off into a major rant on something stupid that's happening in the world. Need examples? Here you go...

Here's John Oliver talking about the gender pay gap. My feminist heart nudges my feminist libido tenderly and whispers "It's go time!" as I watch this...



Something more? Let's watch him tackle the topic of death penalty!




And finally: John Oliver talking about nuclear weapons. So much love for this snarky, British, bespesctacled man...




Seriously, Mr. Oliver - if you're ever free for a beer (or a crosscountry roadtrip...), I'm right here...


(click picture for source)

No comments:

Post a Comment