9/12/2014

A song for every mood.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ac/a8/f0/aca8f084f2866bd21b21f3e4bbce662e.jpg


The best thing about Spotify (no, this is not a sponsored post...) is that you can create a billion playlists, so you'll have the fitting music for every mood you might find yourself in. This is one of my favourite hobbies (as you can clearly see - I lead a wild life of excess!!!).

I have picked a few favourites out of some my gazillion playlists for you to listen to...


Happy

Let's start with the best sort of mood: happy go lucky, yes-baby-it's-summer-and-everything-is-awesome mood. Here's a soundtrack for that:



Why this one: Because the video is almost as brilliant as the song. Also, it never fails to cheer me up.

Best line: "Do-roo do do doooo" (this song is clearly NOT about the lyrics)




Why this one: Because I once had it stuck in my head for two weeks and made all my girls listen to it, and then they had it stuck in their heads and we all became officially insane.

Best line: "I fell in love last night, and I was dancing the whole way home."


And here's the entire playlist:





Sad

If you ever feel like walking in the rain and sobbing hysterically, here's the perfect soundtrack for that...



Why this one: Anything by the Smiths goes, really. Because - as my friend Tom once put it: "No matter how crappy you feel about the world - Morrissey feels worse!"

Best line: "To die by your side - well the pleasure, the privilege is mine."




Why this one: Gets me crying every fucking time. Also - the band that created this sob-fest-bonanza is very much awesome!

Best line: "But I had the hand of a clock beating me." (actually all of the lines are great...)


And here's the entire playlist:





Angry

Sometimes, when I get seriously pissed off, I need to listen to something superangry to let off steam. Let the rage commence...



Why this one: Well, nobody is as fucking angry as the Antichrist himself. Anything from the "Golden Age of Grotesque" album and you can see me powerwalking up a steep hill and screaming at trees in the forest (You may think I am joking, but I am really not.).

Best line: Is actually not from this song, but from a song called "Use your fist and not your mouth" (aaah, the suggestiveness...). It goes: "Put it in your middle finger and sing along". Which is exactly what you want to do when you are angry. Oh Marilyn, you simply get it...




Why this one: Makes you feel really kick-ass. Every time.

Best line: "Don't go screaming if I blow you with a bang."


And here's the entire playlist:





Dance-y

Yes, "dance-y" is a mood. For when you need to dance intensively and immediately until your legs come off. And the more embarassing the music - the better!


Why this one: If you ever want to be seriously scared, you should put this song on and send me to the dancefloor. I will downright terrify you.

Best line: "Russian roulette is not the same without a gun, and baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun."




Why this one: I can rap the entire first verse. Seriously. By heart. Also: I am a feminist and please don't judge me for this.

Best line: "Cause I'm long and I'm strong and I'm gonna get the friction on." (Seriously, never give me Tequila when there's an off-chance that crappy music might be played. I will get way into it...)


And here is the entire playlist for your next DANCING PARTY! WOOT WOOT!




(click picture for source)

No comments:

Post a Comment