4/15/2014

Why I hate being "a blogger" sometimes.

Let's be honest for a minute. Blogging is a pretty selfcentered, selfish, arrogant thing to do. At least in my case. I basically just share stuff about my own life, things I like and opinions I have, and expect you to read it and click the "Like" Button a lot. It's a quest for validation, pretty much 24/7 (by writing this, I am of course much better than all the other bloggers, because I am so self-reflexive about it all. Boom.)

But apparently, it's not enough self-validation for some, because now there is a documentary about rich, white, young, attractive women in the US, who make a living out of blogging about fashion and cupcakes and their children. The filmmaker that made this, is the husband of one of these blogger ladies and has decided to make a documentary about this "movement". Because apparently, it will "change the world".

In case you decide to watch the trailer - fair warning: it will piss you off greatly. The sentence "If we experience something and we don't share it - why experience it at all?" alone, makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit...


American Blogger Official Trailer from Chris Wiegand on Vimeo.



Someone has written a great article about it, which you can read here.

- thanks to the lovely MissCaro for showing me all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment