11/15/2013

Oh my whiskers, aren't there any Scones for tea?!


Last week I was in the mood for something sweet for my afternoon coffee break, so I decided to make Scones for the first time in my life. Ridiculously easy and suprisingly good if you put a buttload of butter and plum jam on it. Yum!

You need:
225g flour
55g cold butter
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
a pinch of salt
150 ml milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
lemon (or orange) zest
1 Tbsp. Whiskey or Bourbon
raisins or dried cranberries are optional


You mix the flour with the baking powder, soda, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Dice the butter into little cubes and knead them down into the flour. Add the milk and knead until you get a soft dough. Then you add the rest.


Roll the dough out, approximately 2cm flat and cut out round shapes. I used a glass, since I don't currently own a special scone-cutter (But apparently this is a thing. I kid you not!).

Put them on a baking tin lined with a baking sheet and brush them with milk. Put them in the oven: 15 minutes at 180°C should do.


As already mentioned: cold butter and plum jam is the shit! Holy bejeezus, did I over-endulge on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment