11/29/2013

It smells like a lot of people lost their mind in here last night.



Since I posted the blog entry for today already yesterday (that's what happens when I have to do anything before 8am...), I will post this neat little thing, I found out a while back.

After I celebrated my birthday a few weeks back, my entire flat stank like someone had vomited cheese into an ashtray. Even though smoking is one of my favourite hobbies, I hate the smell of stale cigarette smoke. Combine a lot of that with spilled red wine and a massive cheese tray that got to stay on my kitchen counter the entire night and you have yourself one horrible stink.

Airing the affected rooms helps of course, and so does vacuuming and wiping the floors. But even after all of that my flat still smelled distinctly like partying. But then I remembered something I had seen on a blog a while back. You simply take a cooking pot, fill it with water, add stuff that smells good (I used oranges, lemon zest, cinnamon sticks, cumin and star anise) and let it simmer on your stove. I then put the pot on my couch table, so the odour could waft through my entire sitting room. Finally my flat admitted defeat and stopped reeking.

I also found out that you can sprinkle baking soda on your upholstery, leave it there over night and vacuum it up the next morning. It somehow draws the odours from everything. Brilliant!

Alright, now enough with the housewive tips. I'm gonns spend the next 13 hours in various thrift shops and vintage clothing parlours around the city. Huzzaa!


2 comments:

  1. Ah! I'm going to have to try that! I wonder if it works on carpet. My mom's house carpet smells terribly like dog urine. We can't even lay down to play games without getting a faint whiff! I will have to try these tips out! Thanks!
    xoxo
    e
    nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaporfi is the most recommended electronic cigarettes provider out there.

    ReplyDelete