10/11/2013

Then out of nowhere, somebody comes and hits you with an ooh la la la.

After months of listening to really old music, I have discovered some new bands and artists I really like. And because this promises to be a particularly grey and rainy weekend, I thought we could all use some good tunes right now.

The Royal Concept
They are from Sweden, which is basically reason enough to listen to them, and they also sound like the early Shout Out Louds. Awesomeness.




Molotov Jukebox
The singer/accordion player is currently portraying Osha the wildling on Game of Thrones and was also Tonks in the Harry Potter movies. So, yeah, I'm having a nerd-boner. But apart from that, their music makes the sky seem a little less grey, so this is currently my "good-morning-I-need-coffee-immediately"-song.




Simonne Jones
I know, I already posted this one. It's like I'm obsessed. Which I am. Really hard.




Stealing Sheep
Oh god, someone just told me that this song sounds slightly "middle-age-y", which means that my nerdiness has now affected my taste in music. Still, it's a good song.




Arctic Monkeys
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Their new album is - to use the technical term - unbelievably fucking awesome.


ARCTIC MONKEYS [Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?] from nabil elderkin on Vimeo.


Have a lovely weekend, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment