10/07/2013

Half the world away

For various reasons I want to be somewhere far away today, and since I don't have the money to hop a plane this very instant, I will dream myself away instead. Much cheaper and as an added bonus, I don't actually have to be on a plane...


Spitbank Fort

 (picture taken from here)

  (picture taken from here)

  (picture taken from here)

  (picture taken from here)

Spitbank Fort is an old sea fort near Portsmouth. It was built in 1878 to defend Portsmouth harbour. Today it's a super luxury hotel / private island. And the place I now want to marry. A multibillionaire if possible...



Aberystwyth

(picture taken from here)

 (picture taken from here)

 (picture taken from here)

How can I not yet have been to Wales? There are dolphins swimming in the bay of Aberystwyth. DOLPHINS! And it's where Caitlin Moran apparently spends her summer holidays, so I could casually run into her and then become her best friend without immediately coming off as a psycho-stalker-bitch.


Iceland

(pictures from here, here and here)

Since I spent most of my youth on the back of various iceland horses, I would love to go to Iceland and ride across the whole island. Maybe take a dip in the giant blue lagoon and see volcanos and pretend I am Ygritte the wildling woman (Yeah, what did you expect?! The nerdiness had to come in at some point, right?!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment