10/18/2013

A book, a film and an interesting article come into a bar...


Today is one of those wretched and uninspired days. I've been sitting in front of my computer for 4 hours how and didn't come up with anything. Instead I watched a lot of youtube clips. And I vacuum cleaned my whole flat. And I sorted my socks into "sport socks" and "fancy socks".

Since I am clearly living the dream of a rock'n'roll lifestyle, I thought I would at least give you a few tips for the weekend ahead. Namely a great book to read, a funny film to watch and an interesting article to think about.


The book
Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer for Freedom
Because I was rooting for Nadezhda Tolokonnikova to get the Nobel Peace Prize I bought this book a few days ago, and I inhaled it in one night. It's not really a book, more a collection of letters from the women of Pussy Riot and their lawyers, articles, essays and an overview over their "trial". Gripping as fuck!


The film
Filth
Did you like Trainspotting? Do you like James McAvoy? I have to admit that I would not want to watch Trainspotting again even for money, but when I watched it a few years ago I thought it was awesome. I even read the book. Irvine Welch, the author, has written another book called Filth and now there's the film to the book. It stars James McAvoy, which is basically everything you need to know about anything. James McAvoy. James. McAvoy. Oh, and Jamie Bell. Excuse me while I go and sob into a pillow hysterically.





The article
Klaus Brinkbäumer - Amerikas Wahn
This one is actually already a few months old and it's entirely in German but it's the best thing I have ever read about the NSA scandal and Edward Snowden. I always meant to post it and I always forgot, even though the print versionof this article is actually hanging on my kitchen bulletin board. But if you have a few minutes to spare this weekend, go and read it. It's - to use the technical term - fan-fucking-tastic!

Have a lovely weekend!


(picture taken from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment