7/09/2013

The ultimate summer blog entry

It is hot. Mindnumbingly hot. There is only one thought in my head and that is "Hot. Water. Pool. Now.". So, since I can't come up with anything but recipes for cold, cold drinks, I thought I might collect everything you need on a hot day like this in one convenient location - i.e. this blog. Ultimate summer blog entry - here we go.



Drink
Make your own lemonade.



Hair
If you have long hair and are a hairstyle dyslexic like me (a ponytail is as much as I can manage...) you will DIE in this kind of weather. Luckily there is a fabulous internet phenomenon called "Youtube tutorial". Here are some easy things to do with your hair (if you don't want to shave your head. And believe me - I have seriously considered it...).






And for the more ambitious ones amongst you, here are hairstyles for wet hair. A bit over the top, but, yeah well...




Read
Nothing too difficult. I have a few autobiographies by famous people as audio books, which is awesome, if you have to clean your kitchen or drive a long way or are simply too lazy to hold a book. My alltime favourites are the following:

1. Tina Fey - Bossypants
2. Miranda Hart - Is it just me?
3. Caitlin Moran - Moranthology (not strictly an autobiography, but funny as fuck!)
4. Stephen Fry - The Fry Chronicles
5. Hape Kerkeling - Ich bin dann mal weg (only available in German I think...)


Music
I actually have a Spotify playlist especially for enormously hot days. Enjoy.




(any excuse to post this picture of myself on holiday in Southern France... I am rocking this camping outfit!)

Plan
The summer holidays are drawing steadily nearer, and so we use our time at work to actually plan our escape out of there. So, here are a few extraordinary places you could visit and a few tips to make your camping life easier (by the way, you really NEED to check out the second link. I actually want to go camping now...)




Freeze
Anything. Freeze anything. Get yourself a set of Tupperware ice cream thingys and fill them up with anything. It. Is. Awesome.


And last but not least: Enjoy it while it lasts. Remember - Winter is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment