6/12/2013

And when the rain beats against my window pane, I'll think of summer days again and dream of you.

A few days ago I realised, that I haven't actually been to any museums in Stockholm. I have lived here for a while in 2009, and I have been in this town at least a dozen times, but never ever made it to one of the big museums. I only went shopping and drinking beer.


So, to spice up my Stockholm résumé, I took the tube to the Nordiska Museum yesterday.


It was enormous and insanely beautiful inside.





They had a thousand different exhibitions and artefacts, so I looked at everything from traditional tambourines to Beatles dresses. But the absolute best exhibition they had was about hair!


It was about the public perception of hair, during the last 300 years. How the fashion has changed, how the public opinion about body hair has shifted and how the future might look.




It was really interesting, so if you are in Stockholm in the next few months, you should absolutely go and check it out.


When I couldn't look at any more stuff, I got outside. After a very long walk, I arrived at Petite France, which is a lovely coffee place and bistro. There I had the best chicken baguette I have had in all my life (!), and a few macarons as dessert, while I listened to Edith Piaf and Serge Gainsbourg, which they played constantly.



After lunch, I met up with Ella to go thrift shopping. The boots didn't make the final cut, but still, she looked pretty damn tough in them.


Then we met up with Jessi to sit by the water and enjoy the sun.



When Ella had to ditch us for dinner with her boyfriend, we decided to get some wine.



And when we were satisfyingly tipsy, we went home. Lovely Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment