5/02/2013

I'll take those flannel zebra jammies secondhand, I rock that motherfucka.



When I was 15, I was really into hip hop. Although - I should mention - exclusively into the bad kind. And only because I was into boys who liked hip hop. I have come a long way since then, and have finally admitted to myself that I don't really like hip hop. Apart from a few songs I like to dance to like a deranged person without control over their limbs. But now I have found a hip hop record, that I actually love and listen to every day. It is one the most clever and brilliant and touching and funny and serious albums I have heard in a long time and I not only try to sell it to every person who enters the record store I work in, but I also want to marry the artist a bit. I will see him live at a festival I am going to this summer and it's probably the show I look most forward to this year.
Macklemore and his producer Ryan Lewis have made a record that knocked my socks right off and the more I listen to it, the better it gets. It has weird stuff like "Thrift Shop" on it, and songs that will touch your heart and make you weep ("Neon Cathedral").
Even if you don't like hip hop,go and listen to this record. I am pretty sure you will all love it. Well, at least you should.







No comments:

Post a Comment