5/07/2013

Asparagus Pie



This week I made up a recipe for a very pretty asparagus pie/quiche/thing and because I am supernice, I will share this recipe with you!

Superawesome Asparagus Pie

You need:
green asparagus
2 eggs
quark (fromage blanc/curd/white cheese) In Germany it's "Quark", I believe there is no such thing in other countries. It's basically cream cheese, but I guess you can also take yoghurt, creme fraiche or sour cream.
phyllo pastry
dijon mustard (I took some, that had tarragon in it.)
ground cheese (if you like to...)

It's ridiculously easy. You just spread out the phyllo pastry in a baking dish (do at least 5 layers), you whip together the Quark and the eggs, add the mustard, the salt and the ground pepper and pour the whole shebang into the dish. You take the asparagus, wash it, cut off the last 2 cm of the stem and you place them on top of the gooey mass. They will sink in slightly. I sprinkled it all with ground goat cheese, because I am obsessed with it, and it actually goes really nicely with the taste of the asparagus and the tarragon.
You put the dish into the oven, which you have preheated to 180°C. It took about 40 minutes for my pie to get ready to be eaten, but you can test the softness of the asparagus with a fork. The egg and Quark mixture should be thickened by then, too.
And then you bask in the glory that is this heavenly creation!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I love asparagus so I definitely want to try this out. Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete